What is the best animal ever? Hi, I’m Simone from Victoria, B.C.,
Canada. Let’s talk about that. ♪ (theme music) ♪ Good Mythical Morning! This episode is brought to you by
the Rhett & Link Tweak Mythical Shoe. Go to rhettandlink.com/store
to get this and other merch. All right, last week we talked about the
best candy bar ever. We asked you to decide and there was a very clear winner. (speaking over a drumroll) Ladies and
gentlemen, we tabulated your votes in the comments and video responses. The
winner of the best candy bar ever is… Twix! I really love Twix.
So please choose Twix. – Bluetoaster2000 really loves Twix.
– And so does the internet. Thank you for voting. Now it’s time to move on! We
have new questions of best things ever. Best animal ever. You know, this is
something that, when you’re a kid… I remember, it’s something you would
ask somebody, like the second question you’d ask somebody in second
grade. What’s your favorite color? – (high voice) Blue.
– (high voice) What’s your favorite animal? – Lion.
– (childlike laugh) – What do you wanna be when you grow up?
– (normally) But this kind of thing, – what’s your favorite animal ever…
– I wanna be a blue lion when I grow up. – You never quit thinking about it.
– It’s like a Smurf lion. It’s something you say on a first
date with somebody when you’re 25. It might not be the second question you
ask, but you’re just getting to know somebody and you’re like, “What’s your
favorite animal, baby?” Don’t say “baby” – on the first date.
– (normally) Really? And a baby’s not an – animal, if you were making a suggestion.
– No, I wasn’t. I was just, you know, acting like I was on a date. I don’t
remember. I have date night with my wife, but it’s been a long time since
I’ve been on an actual date. Just leave your wife out of this.
It makes it more complicated. Best animal ever. Here’s what we’re gonna
do: we’re gonna read out a list that is by no means an exhaustive list of all the
animals because we wanna limit the amount of time to be quality time here on Good
Mythical Morning. But we’ll read off a list and at least get you thinking, and
then we are going to each tell you what our favorite animal is and maybe give
some arguments. So feel free in the comments to go ahead at any point to say
what is your favorite animal. What do you – think is the best animal ever?
– We’re gonna figure out what the best animal ever is, according to the internet. You might wanna wait until you hear what
we have to say. But first, let’s whet our appetites with a list which
I have on my phone. So how did you–
what went into this list? Just off the top of my head. I went back
to grade school and mined all of those conversations that I had with my friends
at the time where I always asked, “What’s your favorite color? What’s the
best animal ever? Blah blah blah.” – Yeah.
– Rhino. – Okay.
– It’s got matted hair for a horn. That’s a little-known fact. We talked
about that, maybe in a past episode, – maybe last year. Matted hair.
– The panda. Lots of people love pandas because it
looks like you could cuddle up to ’em, – but they will kill you.
– The kitten. It’s gotta be the most – popular calendar animal.
– It’s a very popular internet animal, – too, already.
– Of course, the obvious dog. – Is it kitten or cat? Either?
– Either. Whatever. I’m saying kitten, – Okay.
– but you can comment cat if that’s your best animal ever. They’re the
same thing at different ages. Really? I thought a kitten
was a different species. – A dog, ’cause it’s whisperable. A lion.
– Lion, that’s your favorite animal when you were a child, according to the
fictitious person you were playing – earlier. King of the jungle.
– Tiger. You know, it’s got stripes. – It’s awesome looking.
– First of all, tiger is very popular. Then there’s the liger, which is a mix of
the tiger and the lion, which I thought – was fake.
– I saw one in person. – You saw one?
– I saw one in person in Myrtle Beach. Ligers hang out…. when
were you in Myrtle Beach? Just on the beach, and I ran like I’ve
never run before. No, it was in a cage. – They are huge. It’s awesome.
– There’s something called Double Hybridization, or something like
that. When the lion and tiger mate, they – create a much larger animal.
– Who knew it was true? Napoleon Dynamite, – you know?
– I thought that was just a joke in Napoleon Dynamite, but it’s real animal. But it’s not either one of
our best ever animals. – It’s not the best animal ever.
– Ooh. Honey badger, for obvious reasons, – is on the list. Did I say dolphin?
– Lots of people like dolphins. Lots of – girls like dolphins.
– Right. Because… (nerdy voice) Well, – you know it’s a mammal.
– (nerdy voice) The dolphin is, like, the smartest ever. In fact, did you know
that dolphins are smarter than people? And pigs, I think, are also smarter than
people. Pigs, let’s just add them to the list right now. Snakes. I’m just gonna
open it wide open. ‘Cause when you’re a kid, you don’t say, “cobra,”
you just say “snake!” – Snake in general.
– Spider. – Okay.
– Butterfly. (laughs) Butterfly. Who’s
favorite animal is a butterfly? Well, girls are fond of the whole
process of metamorphosis. Well, they’re fond of tattooing
butterflies on themselves. At least they were in the nineties. – Really.
– Every girl I’ve ever… I think 90% of women that I got to know in the
nineties had butterfly tattoos. I was picturing grade school girls love
butterflies, and all of a sudden you’re putting tattoos on ’em and it just started
to get weird. It just totally threw me off of my list, which ends
with duck-billed platypus. Unusual animal. Seems fictitious
until you actually see one. I saw one in Myrtle Beach one time.
Did I tell you about that? – Yeah. On the beach? Did you run?
– Okay. Now let’s– – I’ve never seen one.
– So that’s kind of a list of favorite animals around the world. Blue-footed booby bird. I don’t care, just
name any one you want and put it in the – comments. But why don’t we at least–
– Let’s make a case. We’ll make a case. We’ll make some cases.
You first. Me first? – Okay, I’ll go first.
– You first. I made some notes because I did not want
to forget this, because I feel it to be – important.
– Okay. The best animal ever, in my opinion,
is the giraffe. This is not just because I’m a very tall person and the giraffe
happens to be the tallest terrestrial animal and also the largest ruminant.
That means it chews the cud. – The cow is also a ruminant.
– Yeah, but not very tall. They have a great pattern, almost like a
leopard-ish pattern. Very intimidating, – very cool.
– Okay, I’ll give you that. They have an awesome fighting technique
that a lot of people don’t know about. – The technical term for it is necking.
– What? I think that means something else. – It means something else in high school.
– And if it means that, – don’t show a video clip.
– (Rhett) No, it means the males hit their necks… it would be like if me and you
got into a fight, and I was like, “C’mon, – man, c’mon.” And then I was like this.
– (grunts) – And then hit you in the neck with my neck.
– Do they hold their chest area like this? Because somehow I felt like this
was how I was gonna be a giraffe. – Well, that’s not what they do.
– I did this to make my neck seem longer. I don’t think a giraffe has ever touched
themselves on the chest like that. I think I could kill you with my
goozle. Look how pointy it is. – Yeah, you could.
– Bam! – You’d be a good giraffe. A good necker.
– Do they have– No. Do they have goozles? I’m sure they do, they just
don’t stick out that much. When they swallow, does it go from
the bottom to the top of their neck? – Like an elevator?
– Like look at my big ol’ goozle. This isn’t about your goozle.
(laughs) Oh my goodness. Listen, don’t ever do that again. Don’t
ever swallow in my presence again. I think I’m gonna try to harness
my goozle to be a weapon. They’re cute, but they can kill you. Did
you know that the giraffe can disembowel – you? That means to remove your bowels.
– If given a knife. – No, with its hoof.
– Never give a giraffe a knife if you – wanna keep it as a pet.
– The giraffe has a 20-inch tongue that can clean its own nose. Can
you imagine doing that? I’ve imagined it a lot, yes, but
I’m not gonna admit to it. ‘Cause with the hooves, you can’t pick
your own boogers. It would get very ugly. But he can just stick his 20-inch tongue
up in his nose and eat his own boogers. That gets points from me.
Ah, makes a great pet. – That’s not true. Okay–
– Hold on! – Hurry up.
– And the last thing– – I’m really anxious to get to mine.
– Okay, go ahead. Own it! If you’ve got one last
thing, please. Don’t let me limit you. I think the giraffe is a great untapped
transportation method. I think people should be riding giraffes. I could make a
saddle. I’ve got it envisioned. I could – patent it.
– It’s funny, you’re kind of making an argument for my best animal ever, which
is the miniature horse. Everything that a horse gives you, but in a smaller package.
Have you seen these things? They’re like – three feet tall.
– (Rhett) Yeah, it’s like a horse but it’s – smaller than a horse.
– (Link) The cute quotient of these things is amazing. Now, I know it’s probably not
cool for me to say, “Okay, the miniature horse,” but I’m saying just the cuteness
overrides any attempt at coolness, and I’m comfortable with that. I will be
driving down the road and I will see – a pasture full of miniature horses…
– Really? and I will just have
to pull over and stare. – Where is this, Myrtle Beach?
– In Fuquay, right around the corner from where I used to live, my house, there
were some miniature horses there. In a pasture? How come you
didn’t tell me about this? Because I wanted to keep it all to myself.
You know that miniature horses are one of the leading causes of traffic incidences,
because of onlooker rubbernecking. – Really?
– Yeah. – That cannot be true.
– Well, it’s not. But they are so cute that I’m certain that after running red
lights and road rage, that it’s right up there with causing a
lot of traffic problems. But you can’t even ride one. If I were to
stand, I could straddle a miniature horse and it wouldn’t even touch
me. You understand that? And that is a reason in my favor. Vote for
the miniature horse in the comments. Or the giraffe, it’s also my wife’s
favorite animal. When we go to the zoo, we cannot leave until we see
the giraffes. I don’t argue with her. Necking. You gotta see
the giraffes necking. So, submit your video responses,
especially if you have an argument, and we can feature it in a
subsequent best ever episode. We wanna know what the best animal ever
is. Vote in the comments. Now let’s spin the wheel, and I’m gonna go find the
nearest giraffe and I’m gonna ride it – to your doorstep.
– Let us know on Facebook and Twitter: what should be a subsequent episode
of “Best ever?” Hashtag #bestever. Maybe we’ll try that. I’m just
making it up. What’s the wheel say? – Eat your own hair.
– Gosh. I remember when you came up with this one. Where are the scissors? They’re over
there. All right. We knew we had scissors. I don’t know. I thought it would be good
at the time. Let’s get this over with. Aw, this is so stupid. I’m
gonna cut some ears off. Just get some from back
here, now. Not too much. I’m not– I’m just gonna do half
an inch. Watch out, I’ve got it. – Ah!
– That much. – Gosh, Rhett.
– Hold on, now. Cut some of mine off. Why did you come up with this? People,
we’re desperate for good ideas for the Mythical Wheel. The Wheel of Mythicality.
We shouldn’t be eating our own hair. – This is so lame.
– There we go, people. We do this for you. Three, two, one. Thanks for watching. It’s probably
impossible to swallow. I’m gonna be swallowing this stuff all day. At least I
didn’t have to swallow your hair. – That’s not going on the wheel.
– (grunts) – All right, I’m going for a swallow.
– I just did it. – Oh, gosh.
– It’s not that bad. Can I change my vote to triceratops? [Captioned by Caitrin:
GMM Captioning Team]